Friday, March 27, 2009

Tyler's big night

Brandon's race was cancelled for this weekend. I thought this would be the perfect time to start putting Tyler in his own room at night. It was horrible! He did fantastic, but I hated every minute of it. Brandon and I laid him down for bed together. I just stared at him. He seemed so little in that big crib. I probably checked on him 5 times before I actually crawled into bed myself. I didn't trust the monitor. I cried. It was a lonely night in a way. Brandon even commented on how weird it felt. I must sound ridiculous. It's just across the house. It's not like I sent him away.....although it felt like it. It's hard to explain. He's growing up. I'm going to have so many moments like these where I'm forced to see how fast time has gone. I just love him so much! I'm so blessed to have him. I look at him every day and thank God that He has given me such an amazing gift.

2 comments:

Chastity said...

He does look awful little in that big bed! It'll get easier to put him in there!

And yes I do think they make those places in the stroller just for little dogs. My mom says that when she asks if they want to go on a stroller ride both Rylee and Bentley get super excited (Bentley's a he).

Mama Zellie said...

Someone told us once that you don't have to learn to let go of your children when they start getting older...you have to learn to let go from the time they are born. Their whole lives are a series of us learning to let go....

Makes me want to cry just thinking about it! ;)