Tuesday, March 24, 2009

2 month check-up

Tyler's two month check-up was this morning. Boy, time just flies by! My little guy isn't so little. He weighs 15lbs 14oz and is 24 3/4 in long! Of course he's in the 97th percentile for both height and weight again. His measurements are that of a 5 month old! WOW! Brandon and I sure do make big babies!! My Tyler is super healthy though! The doctor is impressed with how well he's growing and eating. I feel confident that I'm doing something right :-) He got two shots this visit. I held back my tears, but left with the biggest lump in my throat. I used to laugh at the mom's that would cry when their child got a shot. Now.....I completely understand.
I discussed with the doctor when and how to begin placing Tyler in his own bedroom at night. He said we should start now and have him sleep in there every other night. The every other night piece is only so mommy can get used to it. I despise the thought of him sleeping in that big crib all the way on the other side of our house. It's going to feel like miles away. I'm not looking forward to it, but I know it's for the best. I'm sure I won't be sleeping at all those nights.
My dad said something to me that makes so much sense. He said that parents begin letting their children go from the minute they are born. It's so true. Even though they are in the smallest ways, we are continuously doing it. With each day, they become a little more independent than the day before. They grow up and change so quickly. Being a parent is the most rewarding job someone will ever have, but it can be one of the most painful at times.

No comments: