Wednesday, April 29, 2009
What a day....already!
So, we invited my mother-in-law and Brandon's grandma over for dinner tonight. I thought it would be a great idea to make one of my homemade apple pies. I must admit, I make a mean apple pie ;-) I got up this morning, fed Tyler, and got started on my pie. I carefully peeled each apple, sliced them, and mix them in with the ingredients. I rolled out the pie crust, put in the filling, and sealed it with my finger prints around the edges. I cut decorative slits on the top, coated it with milk, and sprinkled some sugar on top (it makes it shiny). I placed it in the oven for about 35 minutes and began to clean the kitchen. I worked for a while cleaning our kitchen and it looked great. The timer finally went off for the pie. It looked super by the way and smelled great! It was leaking a bit and I didn't want to get it on my nice, clean stove so I put a some foil down on the stove top. I carefully lifted the pie out of the oven and went to set it on the stove. I guess I wasn't paying attention too well because I caught the pie on the top of the stove and the entire pie spilled all over the oven, stove, and floor!!!! I was sooooo mad!!!!!! Not a single piece survived! I had pie everywhere. It was even down in the drawer below. Not to mention I ran out of paper towels. Why you ask? Well, last time we were at BJs Brandon said we didn't need any more paper towels. So, I was left to do the best I could with just a few. It's still a major sticky mess. I'm not sure if the self-cleaning oven feature will even attempt to remove this mess. I'm actually going to attempt to make one more pie! If this one fails, I'm DONE! What a morning......and it's only 10:00am!!!! GRRR!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment