Thursday, April 16, 2009

A small celebration

It's weird how we wake up and assume our day will follow the routine it usually does. That's not always the case. Some times our lives take altering curves. We have to make adjustments in our days, weeks, and sometimes even years to our routine. The routine that we once found comfort in is no more. We must learn how to create a new one; one that works enough to get us through each day. I've found myself trying to create a new 'routine' for my life.
I decided to share a small success. Something positive. Something to distract me. Tyler has been such a good baby even with a great deal of disruption to his routine. I've been trying to get him back on schedule and have been very successful so far. He had another great night. He slept from 10pm until 5:45am. I was quite pleased. I'm trying to create a more predictable schedule for him and teach him how to put himself to sleep. Today was the first day. I laid him down in his crib for a nap. I wasn't sure how it would go. He usually falls asleep in his swing. I certainly don't want him getting used to falling asleep by being rocked. My angel was asleep in 10 minutes. He only fussed for about 5 and then he was out.
Some times the positives in life are very noticeable, while other times we have to look a little harder for them. But, they are always there.....even in the midst of great difficulty.

1 comment:

Mama Zellie said...

You will find as Tyler grows, the things you may have had to stop and think about in the beginning, or never even thought to notice, will stand out in a huge way every single day. The way his breath feels on your neck when he's sleeping, the way he has a different smile for certain instances, in the way he walks or even picks things up. Hold tight to all of that, file it away and don't worry that you'll forget it. For when you need a moment of clarity, a moment of peace, the Lord will being it to the front of your mind, and it will allow you to stay grounded.