Thursday, June 18, 2009

Perfectly said

I just finished reading a really heart-felt book. It was extremely sad, but uplifting at the same time. I found myself thanking God even more for the many blessing He has given me. The author's words are so delicately put. They seem to tug at your heart. One that really made an impression on me:

"(Children) outgrow us so much faster than we outgrow them." - Jodi Picoult

Could that be any more true? I find myself struggling to keep up with Tyler and all that he is experiencing. I am constantly lagging behind. I desperately try to store each smile, each laugh, and every touch in my memory hoping I will always remember it as vividly as the day I put it there. I'm so afraid I will forget something. I look back at his pictures from when he was born and I am saddened. Without those pictures, I wouldn't remember how tiny he was and how much he has changed. Uh....parenting is so emotionally difficult. I find myself always saying that, but each time I say it, it is so true.

No comments: