Sunday, June 21, 2009
Another big step for mommy
Brandon and I are celebrating our 4 year wedding anniversary on the 25th. We decided to enjoy an evening to ourselves and let my mom and step-dad keep Tyler over night - MAJOR big step for me!!!! The more I thought about it, the more I knew it was something I needed to do not only for Tyler, but for myself as well. As much as I loath the idea of letting go, I know it's for the best. So, we packed him up and took him to their place for the evening. Saying 'goodbye' was painful. I even cried as we drove away. I forced myself to suck it up and enjoy the evening. Brandon and I had a wonderful dinner, just the two of us. It was nice to focus on one another and not have the constant worry about tending to Tyler. After dinner, we went down town Charlotte and met some friends. I felt like I was in college all over again, heading out as my parents were going to bed - weird. Now I know why parents don't stay out so late. I'm exhausted today! It was a wonderful time though. I didn't realize how much Brandon and I desperately needed that time to ourselves. We actually had some really good conversations during dinner. The house had a lonely feel to it when we walked in. I refused to go in Tyler's room because I knew I would start crying! It was so exciting to go and pick him up today. It was a better feeling than being a little kid on Christmas morning! I feel complete again with Tyler snuggled in his bed.......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment