Saturday, May 2, 2009

Growing a bit too fast

I took a video of Tyler rolling over today. Brandon and I watched it this evening when he got home. I started watching some of the other videos we had recorded. There were a few from the day we brought Tyler home. I became quite overwhelmed and began to cry. It was amazing to see how much my sweet boy had grown. You don't realize it until you begin looking back at pictures. His facial features have changed so much. His hair has even gotten considerably longer. Even his movements are more controlled now. He just looks more like a little person rather than a newborn. I'm so thankful for his healthy little body and each day I'm blessed with him. It's difficult to see how fast it really goes though. Every one always says that, but you don't understand the meaning behind those words until you are forced to face it yourself. I just try to soak up every minute I'm with him, yet they seem to go by so fast. Every moment I spend with him, I think to myself "this is a moment I will tell him about when he gets older." That moment will be here before I realize it. Uh, it tugs at my heart just thinking about it right now. I love that little boy. I never imagined my love for him being as strong as it is and I can't even put it in words. He's an amazing gift from God. I watched him sleep in his crib today for a bit. I just watched him and thanked God for my son. He has blessed me more than I ever deserve. Each day I want to spend praising Him because of the many blessings He has given me!

1 day old

3 months old

1 comment:

Isaac, Kelly and Ella said...

You make me cry!!! You are so right though!! God is great!! I got your message and am going to call you tonight!! Miss you!!