Monday, June 14, 2010

A new flower bed!

My dad bought us some plants and flowers for our flower bed in the front of our house. I was super excited to go and pick them out!! We went today to get them. I had no clue what to get. I took a picture of the bed and front of the house to take with us. The guy at the nursery was super helpful and gave us great tips!
Since we had a bit of rain to help soften the ground and the temperature went down, we decided to go ahead and plant them. It was the perfect evening to do it. Tyler watched us while he sat in his wagon. He was really good. It didn't take too long either. I pulled up two of our ugly plants that were in the front (I've hated them since the day we moved in!). I think we'll eventually plant those near the airconditioning unit just to hide it (hide ugly with ugly!). We planted a beautiful Gardenia bush. It smells so nice! We added two smaller plants that will eventually bloom small, pink flowers. I don't remember their names, but they are perennials. We added some Vinca closer to the walkway. I must say, it turned out quite nice.
Later, closer to fall, we're going to trim down the holly bushes. The guy at the nursery suggested making them more of a teardrop shape, which I think will look really nice! I can't wait!
2004
(What difference 6 years makes!!)

2007
(The most updated picture of our house)

The new flower bed!!
The bushes on either end are the ones we'll shape in the fall.
Next on the agenda.....paint the darn shutters!

My Gardenia bush and the mystery plants.

Peppermint Vinca

1 comment:

Chastity said...

Love the new flowers! Did you ever think you would love putting out flowers? I used to pick on my mom when I was younger for caring about them and now I care about them too! I got your message and will call you tomorrow on my day off! You're lucky you get the whole summer!