Sunday, October 19, 2008

Registering

Brandon and I decided to tackle registering for baby items. Friday evening after dinner we went. I was thinking it wouldn't take long (maybe 30/40 min). I figured with having four younger siblings I would have a good idea on how to go about it. Oh no, I was completely wrong! It was the most overwhelming thing ever!!! I had no idea how unprepared for the task ahead I actually was!
The store so graciously gave us a 'helpful' list to go by and an easy to use scanner. What more can you ask for? We were set. Our first thing on the list was bottles. Seems so simple.....until you get to the bottle isle! Yes, isle. A whole entire isle devoted to just bottles! YIKES! There are so many different brands of baby bottles. This one helps reduce this and that one prevents that. What in the world?! After a good 20 minutes we finally narrowed it down and 'confidently' picked a brand of bottles. I felt like things might be okay.....until I realized you had to chose a nipple to go with the bottle. WHAT?! Pick a nipple? Shouldn't they come packaged together? One would think. No, each nipple did something different. And they have different ages for the different nipple choices. I must admit, I started to cry! I kept telling Brandon we are in way over our heads on this one! Our 'quick' trip to register lasted two hours!!!
You'd think they would just give you a ready to go registry list with only TWO choices: a boy or a girl. How wonderful would that be?

1 comment:

Chastity said...

I completely understand! I wanted to cry too our first time. I was like you and thought...ok this will just take a few minutes and Dave and I were so overwhelmed when we left! If you want any suggestions on types of things to get..just ask me.