Last night we had a slight scare, but everything turned out just fine. I was on my way home from grad school and my stomach started getting tight. I wasn't really sure what it was so I didn't make a big deal of it. When Brandon and I went to bed later that night, I really started to notice the tightening again. It certainly didn't hurt, but it just didn't feel right. I've never experienced contractions before so I wasn't really sure what to expect. I called the on-call doctor at the hospital to explain my symptoms. She suggested we come in right away. So, at 11:15 at night Brandon and I headed to the hospital. Sure enough, I was having mild contractions. They gave me a shot to stop them and it worked immediately. Along with it, I was given an IV with fluids. They monitored me for a while and said I was fine to go home. They weren't super concerned as far as giving me restrictions or limitations throughout the day. The doctor said sometimes the uterus just gets aggravated, as in my case. Of course, I need to monitor myself and if it happens again call the doctor.
We didn't get home until 2:30! Both of us were exhausted today. I did ask the doctor about going to work today and she said it would be fine. Around lunch time I was so exhausted and not feeling quite right that I decided to play it safe. I went home and enjoyed a restful afternoon in bed. I feel well rested now. I think I'll be doing the same thing for the next couple of days. My body was definitely trying to tell me something. I might need some more rest in my day! But, for now.....things are perfectly fine and my little baby boy is doing well. I told Tyler I was excited to meet him, but not until January.
No comments:
Post a Comment