Sunday, December 16, 2012

Thankful for the mess

I worked hard to clean up the kitchen yesterday. I scrubbed the sink and counters, put the dishes away, and cleaned the filthy kitchen table. Tonight at dinner, I went to clear Tyler's plate and saw the huge mess he made. He had smeared his food all over trying to pick it up and put it back on his plate. I began to complain out loud about how I had just cleaned that table the day before and it was now filthy. I looked down at that mess and all of a sudden I thought about each one of those parents that lost their child Friday. I thought about how they would long to clean up a mess like that again...a thousand times over. I quickly embraced Tyler's face and kissed it and I told him I loved him. I told Brandon that I shouldn't and won't complain about it. I will praise God for the mess and be more than thankful to clean it up......

No comments: