Sunday, August 15, 2010

A beautiful Sunday!

Today was a wonderful day. I really enjoyed being home with my family! We got up this morning and went to church. It's amazing how refreshing it is. Being in His presence is so inviting and peaceful. Brandon and I really felt God speaking to us today. His words were so comforting.
After church, I decided to trim our bushes out front. They've been in great need of some attention! I borrowed my step-dad's hedge clippers. For the record, they are the best invention ever (second to the electric sander of course!)! After getting some ideas from the guy at the nursery when we bought our flowers, I wanted to make our holly bushes more of a tear drop shape. It started out very simple. I thought it would be a good idea to show my dear husband how it was coming along and ask him his opinion (mistake #1). He offered his suggestion and showed me how to 'round them off a bit better' (mistake #2). So......now one bush is on it's way to the perfect shape (mine), while the other one looks like Tyler cut it (Brandon's). Good thing I love him so much!



We finally finished with the bushes when it just started to rain. I finished cleaning up all the branches while Tyler watched. He loved standing in the rain! Tyler and I decided to take our shoes off and play in the puddles. It was so refreshing to feel the water on our toes and the cooler temperature for once! We've really missed the rain and cool weather this year!! Brandon decided to hang in the garage and stay dry (or maybe he was just still pouting about his bush :-)


3 more days......

No comments: