Friday, January 16, 2009

Sad Day

Today was a very emotional day. It was my last day of work. Brandon and I decided this week for me to just make today my last day, since I will be induced next week (unless something happens before then). I didn't tell my students until today. Many of them were in shock. They really didn't understand why I was leaving or why so long. The 'little people' (2nd and 3rd graders) don't really grasp the concept of pregnancy.....well a least they shouldn't, anyways! Some asked why I couldn't just put Tyler in daycare as soon as he came out. Another little girl asked if I would be back in a week. :-) As frustrating as kids can be at times, I will miss each one tremendously in their own unique way. They've taught me so much this year about life and myself. It's amazing how much little people can teach you and they don't even mean to. It's what I love most about my job and why I wouldn't do anything else in this world.
It was extremely difficult saying goodbye to my co-workers. I have established so many close relationships with many people at my school. After four years, you really form close, special bonds with individuals. My special education team is a phenomenal one. I've truly enjoyed working with each person on my team. I've learned so many valuable things. Even though every chapter has an ending, it can be so difficult to know you're at the end of one.....

No comments: