Sunday, July 20, 2008

Visit to Columbia

Since summer school started, I haven't really had a chance to relax. I finally made plans to visit Stacy, my college roommate. She lives in Columbia, SC now. I got there Thursday afternoon and left Sunday morning. It was a super fun time! Stacy had everything planned out, of course! We went to a bluegrass concert Thursday evening where I was able to meet all her friends. The mosquitoes were horrible though!!! Friday we hung out all day and made dinner for the two of us and Stacy's "non-boyfriend." Later, we went to see the new Batman movie. Not so good. Not only was it 2 1/2 hours long, but we had to view it from the 2nd row! I must say, Keith Ledger did a fabulous job playing the joker though. Saturday we went to the 'Carnival of Savings.' Don't let the catchy name fool you. It was not a carnival and there were no real savings! But, it was very fun to walk around to the little shops. I did find a few things. That night we had game night. Somehow it ended up that we played the games for only 10 minutes, but it was still a good time. I must say, living the 'single life' again was very difficult - especially when you're pregnant! I find myself having a hard time staying up until 2 a.m. and still functioning the next day. My internal alarm clock was still set for 7:30! I am absolutely exhausted! It was such an awesome time though! I can't wait until next time!

Here are just a few pictures from the weekend. I must say....I love pictures, but I'm horrible at remembering to take them!

A fabulous lunch Stacy prepared for us!

Before dinner Sat. night
Playing games


Being silly, as always

No comments: