Saturday, May 7, 2011

A day with mommy

Tyler and I had the best day today! It started early. He decided to get up at 6:30! Needless to say, we were both tired! Since he had me up, I decided to get ready for the day and we could go find some garage sales. Tyler loves to look for 'treasures' too :) We found a neighborhood near us that was having a ton of garage sales. We spent all morning driving around and checking it out. Most of it was junk....as usual. However, we did manage to get 2 Elmo movies, a new Lightning McQueen sippy cup, and a pair of pants for Tyler all for $3. Tyler was exhausted after a busy morning. He took an extra long nap! I even had to wake him up.




For dinner, we had a mommy/Tyler date night at CiCi's. He was a perfect baby! On our way home, he sweetly says "no home mommy." He was having too much fun. So, I decided to brave the mall and check out the book store. I love the books written by David Shannon.



This is Tyler's favorite book!

He knows it by memory :)


Shannon had a new one that just came out and I wanted to get it for Tyler (we ended up getting two new ones). I was brave and let Tyler wear his monkey backpack instead of riding in the stroller. He couldn't have been any better. I told him that he had to look and don't touch. If he wanted to touch something, he would politely say "mommy please?" He knows just how to melt my heart! Today certainly was a perfect day! I'm so proud to be his mommy.

No comments: