Thursday, December 24, 2009

Happy Birthday!

This year more than any other, I find myself trying to understand what Mary was feeling the night Jesus was born. Being a mother, I realize the magnitude of bringing a child into the world. I can't begin to comprehend what it would be like with it being Jesus. She was forced to bring that precious baby into this world in the worst of conditions. She wrapped him in dirty cloths and struggled to keep him warm. It makes me think of Tyler. I can't imagine having to bring him into this world that way.
What it must have been like that night Jesus was born. Scary, yet full of joy. Bringing the Savior into the world, knowing He was the child of God. How truly amazing. I am so unworthy of it all, and yet it was all for me; for each of us. What a gift.
I was talking to Brandon the other day. I told him that each time I look at Tyler I can see God through him. I can feel His love through Tyler. That's the closest to God someone can ever get here on earth. It's the most overwhelming feeling. My son is so perfect and beautiful.
For that, I am so thankful. I am excited to celebrate the Lord's birthday!

No comments: